Some of our most frequesntly asked questions...
COVID - 19
How are Niagara wine and brewery tours impacted by COVID-19?
- We have modified all of our tours to service private groups only. That way we are not mixing guests who don't know each other or are from different social bubbles.
Do we need to wear masks while on our tour?
- We will adhere to the recommendations of public health and ask that you wear a mask while in the vehicle. Currently wineries require you to wear a mask while on the property until seated for your tasting.
What happens if the government imposes restrictions due to COVID-19?
- If within the 14-day period of your tour date we will offer a full credit towards a future tour if we are required to lockdown.
What are your COIVD-19? protocols with regards to guest safety?
- We have implemented all public health recommendations related to transportation of guests. We conduct a full, multi-point sanitization of our tour vehicles to protect our guests and our staff. Our Tour Guides have been fully vaccinated and working to do their part to keep everyone safe! For more information please visit review our COVID-19 Statement
WINE TOUR PAYMENTS
What is your cancellation policy?
- Tours that have to be canceled due to government imposed restrictions are non-refundable, however, a full credit will be applied towards a future tour. Regular cancellation(s) may be made up to 14 days in advance of your tour at no charge. All cancellation notices must be received in writing. Tours canceled within 14 days are 100% non-refundable, however, you may reschedule your tour for another date and time within the next 12 months. Payment will be applied to future tour date less a $25.00 per person administration fee. Tours canceled within 48-hours are 100% non-refundable.
What payment is required to book a tour?
- We require full payment at time of booking to reserve your tour. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
Can we make individual payments as part of a group booking?
- Yes, we send a link to the group and collect individual payments so that one person does not need to be responsible for paying for the entire group.
How do I book a Niagara wine tour?
- You can book a tour by selecting one of the options on our Signature Tours page or send us an email at [email protected]. You can also call us to book a tour at 1-866-408-WINE (9463).
How many people will be on my tour?
- All of our tours are fully private so only the people in your group will be on the tour.
What happens if it rains?
- Our tours run rain or shine (rain makes the grapes grow!) Dress accordingly and we provide umbrellas if needed. What better way to spend a rainy day than sipping on wine!
Can I select which wineries to visit?
- The wineries are pre-planned on our Signature Tours. If you are looking for a more curated experience we can work together on a Custom Tour to find something that fits your needs.
How many tastings are include as part of the tour?
- Typically you will enjoy 3-5 tastings per visit.
How long are the tours?
- Depending on the tour you would be looking at approx. 5-6 hours. Custom Tours can be longer or shorter to suit your group.
How far in advance do I need to book?
- The earlier you book the better, especially if you looking for a Saturday. All wineries require reservations so we recommend in high season July-Sept you book at least 6 weeks advance. Last minute bookings can be accommodated, however, our choices of wineries may be limited.
Can I bring my dog with me on the tour?
- There many wineries within Niagara that are dog friendly and we would happily provide that list, but unfortunately, at this time we don’t offer tours that include our furry friends. Service dogs are always welcome on our tours.
We are planning a celebratory event and want to make it special, how can you help?
- One of our favourite things is helping guests plan those special celebrations with the finer details. Please email us directly at [email protected] for further information on how we can make your day extra special.
Can you recommend accommodations, restaurants or other activities in the area?
- We would love to provide you with a list of our local favourites. Please reach out to us at [email protected]
I'm pregnant and/or I don't drink, can I get a discount on the tour?
- Sorry, we do not provide discounted rates if you are not tasting. If you have a guest who is expecting we will provide them with a bottle of bubbly to take home and enjoy after baby's arrival. We can provide non-alcoholic beverages at each stop for guests that do not wish to taste.
We’re organizing a company/corporate event, can you arrange a custom tour for us?
- Yes, let us take over the stress of planning a day out for your employees or clients.
What do your tours include?
- Our tours include local, private group transportation, personal Tour Guide, all tour & tasting fees and experiences and a light snack during the day. You can add on lunch or dinner for an additional fee. We will ensure a safe, responsible and fun day out wine tasting in Niagara to help you create some great memories.
What is not included as part of the tour?
- Any wine purchases are not included in the tour price and would be extra. Many of the wines you will experience on our tours are only available for purchase at the wineries, making it an extra special experience!
How many wineries are included on the tour?
- Our Signature Tours typically visit 4-5 wineries. Our Custom Tours you can select the specific stops you would like to make your day longer or shorter.
What should we wear on tour?
- Whatever your heart desires! A few things to consider are weather, comfort and photo opportunities. Some of our tours are outdoors, through the vines. And we tour rain or shine!
Do you accommodate dietary restrictions for lunch & dinner?
- Yes, please give us advance notice of any dietary restrictions when you book so we can let the winery restaurant know ahead of time. There is a section on our registration page for allergies.
Do your tours include lunch or dinner?
Do we need to tip our Tour Guide?
- Gratuities are always appreciated by our Tour Guides but they are at your discretion. If you are inclined to give a tip based on excellent service please feel welcome to do so.
Is there a place to leave my personal belongings during the Tour?
- You are responsible for your own personal belongings, however, the vehicle will only have your group of guests in it for the day. You are welcome to leave items in the vehicle while at the wineries. Our guide will be with the vehicle while you are tasting and it will be securely locked.
What types of vehicles do you have?
- We offer group transportation in Mercedes Benz Sprinter vans of various sizes. For smaller groups who want a more upscale ride, we tour in a Chevrolet Suburban or Lank Rover LR3.
Where do we get picked up & dropped off?
- When staying locally within Niagara we will pick up and drop off at your hotel, B&B or AirB&B. If you are driving in for the day we will arrange for a central meeting spot to pick you up where you can park your vehicle for the day.
Do you offer long distance pick-up?
- We sure do! Please reach out to us directly at [email protected] and we can provide you with a quote on the long distance collection charge.
Are we allowed to consume alcohol inside the tour vehicles?
- No, we do not allow drinking while in the vehicle. We can promise you that there will be plenty of opportunity to enjoy the wine/beer/spirits tastings that there is no need to add to it!